Address: 18115 North Bay Road
Description: The grand opening of this 2 acre park was held on August 23, 2008. Since then, Pelican Community Park has become a center for activity, learning and community involvement in Sunny Isles Beach. Working in close cooperation with the Norman S. Edelcup Sunny Isles Beach K-8 School, Pelican Community Park offers a two-story Community Center with classrooms and a fitness center, and a variety of seasonal programs for children and adults, in addition to after school programs and camps.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(The Basketball Gymnasium is open from 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. on Sunday)
Monday – Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Chief Fred Maas Little League Field (200’ home plate to center field – ages 10 and under)
- Playground area (2 – 5 year olds and 5 -12 year olds)
- Picnic Tables
- Phyllis and Raanan Katz Sports Center indoor basketball gymnasium – 10,365 ft²
- 1 full-size basketball court or 2 half courts
- Storage and locker rooms
- Concession area
- Community Center with classrooms – 15,194 ft²
- Large Multi-Purpose Room (2,800 ft² available for rent)
- Arts & Crafts Room (1,976 ft²)
- Small Multi-Purpose Room (with Computer Lab)
- Fitness Center (786 ft²) with the following:
- Treadmills (2)
- Standing Elliptical (1)
- Seated Elliptical (1)
- Recumbent Stationary Bike (1)
- 5-Station Modular
- Free Weights
- Administrative offices for Cultural & Community Services
Community Center Membership
12 and 6 month memberships to the Community Center at Pelican Community Park offer many advantages, including:
- Priority registration in most programs, athletic leagues and lessons held at the Community Center.
- Discounts of up to 20% on most programs, athletic leagues and lessons held at the Community Center.
- Use of the following when available.
- Computer Lab – Open to all Members (No guests)
- Fitness Center – Open to members 18 years and older (No guests)
- Gymnasium – Open to all members (Guests permitted with signed waiver and guest fee)
A variety of programs are offered at Pelican Community Park for both children and adults. These programs vary by season. Details and information about the current programs offered at Pelican Community Park can be found in the latest edition of the Sunny Isles Beach Living Magazine. To sign up for a program, please stop by the Cultural & Community Services office at Pelican Community Park located at 18115 North Bay Road, or call 305.792.1706 for more information.
View current programs by downloading a copy of the Sunny Isles Beach Living Magazine from this page. Program information and updates are also available through direct email notices from the Sunny Isles Beach email notification program. Click here to sign up to receive emails from the City of Sunny Isles Beach.
Plan your next special event at the Pelican Community Park Community Center. Facilities are available to rent for parties, birthdays, meetings, etc. To rent the facilities, fill out an application form and return to Pelican Community Park (either in person, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Application submission does not imply automatic approval. Applicants will be contacted within 72 hours of receipt of application. Reservations are not final until approval is given, and the rental deposit is received. For more information on room rental call the City of Sunny Isles Beach Cultural & Community Services Department at 305.792.1706.
All programs are offered by the City of Sunny Isles Beach Cultural & Community Services Department. This facility was funded in part by the Building Better Communities Bond Program and the Florida Recreation Development Assistance Program of the State of Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
*Any non-City organized events (festivals, entertainment, birthday parties etc.) must be approved ahead of time. Contact the Cultural & Community Services Department at 305.792.1706 for more information, or stop by Pelican Community Park at 18115 North Bay Road.