By Commissioner Jeanette Gatto
Please join us in the Commission Chambers at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 18, 2012. The meeting opens with 5 Special Presentations:
- A presentation to the Sunny Isles Beach Dragon Boat Race Team.
- Certificates of Appreciation to be presented to three employees: Officer Norberto “Nory” Alvarez, Clayton L. Parker, and David Blanco.
- A presentation to the Miami-Dade County School Board regarding the Norman S. Edelcup/Sunny Isles Beach K-8 school addition, and information on the general obligation bond.
- A presentation to the Incoming City Manager Christopher J. Russo from outgoing Acting City Manager Chief Fred Maas.
- A presentation by Simcha Hadassah regarding the Madi Thaler Memorial Breast Cancer Walk-A-Thon taking place on Sunday, October 28, 2012.
This zoning hearing is DEFERRED until the November Commission Meeting:
- The St. Tropez on the Bay is requesting approval for site plan modifications for both 16690 Collins Avenue and 290-330 Sunny Isles Boulevard. The applicant is requesting a transfer of development rights (TDRs) in the amount of 94,680 square feet of development rights and 45 units from the TDR bank account of the City of Sunny Isles Beach. The applicant is also requesting approval of a variance of the front pedestal to tower setback in the site plan modification. Further, the applicant is requesting approval of a mural and graphics for a temporary construction fence.
There are two Ordinances for first readings:
- An Ordinance amending Chapter 218 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Sunny Isles Beach to clarify that newly constructed sales centers for development projects require approval of the City Commission.
- An Ordinance of the City of Sunny Isles Beach amending Chapter 100 entitled “Animals”, to create a new section entitled restrictions on feeding of stray or ownerless cats.
There are two Ordinances for second readings:
- An Ordinance amending Chapter 68 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Sunny Isles Beach to provide a $6,000.00 fixed expense account per fiscal year for the reimbursement of expenses incurred in the performance of official city business.
- A resolution of the Local Planning Agency of the City of Sunny Isles Beach recommending to the City Commission clarification that commercial jet skis, personal watercraft launching facilities and commercial marinas are conditional uses within particular zoning districts.
There are seven Resolutions:
- Request approval for the Mayor to apply for, receive and expend grant funds from the Miami-Dade County, Federal Funds, Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program-American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 in the amount of $3,205.00.
- Request approval authorizing the Chief of Police, in accordance with the Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984, to expend up to $25,000.00 from the Federal Forfeiture (DOJ) Funds for the purchase of a training trailer, vehicle rifle vaults and miscellaneous investigative equipment to be used by the DEA/HIDTA Group.
- Request for approval to accept a donation of 39 trees, including installation, from LPLA Partners, LP for placement in Intracoastal parks.
- Request for approval of change order No. 3 to an agreement with Tenex Enterprises, Inc. for construction of a new driveway access on the west side of Collins Avenue, south of 183rd street.
- Request for approval to the first amendment agreement with Calvin Giordano & Associates to provide consulting and permitting services for the emergency bridge.
- Request for approval to release and terminate the declaration of restrictions imposed on properties located at 18955 Atlantic Boulevard and 19035 Atlantic Boulevard.
- Request for approval confirming the balance of development rights currently held in the TDR bank accounts by the City of Sunny Isles Beach and private owners.