Wednesday, March 22, 2017 —
The City of Sunny Isles Beach offers a variety of options for your children during the summer. These options include general camps, sports camps, and specialty camps. In order to register during the resident-only period, or to receive the resident discount on pricing, you must provide proof of residency.
Residency for any of our programs is defined by someone who physically lives, on a regular basis, within the boundaries of the City. This does not include someone who owns property, and lives elsewhere, nor someone who works within the City boundaries. Please also note that the children being registered for the program must live within the boundaries of the City for the majority of the year. This does not include families visiting for the summer, or children staying with relatives who reside in Sunny Isles Beach during summer vacation.
In order to register your child for a City of Sunny Isles Beach Summer Camp, the following are required:
- Proof of Identification – Valid Drivers’ License or State Issued ID Card
- Proof of Age and Guardianship – Copy of Birth Certificate for the child AND proof of guardianship if you are no the mother or father listed on the birth certificate.
- Completed Summer Camp Registration Form and Waiver
- Proof of Residency
a. Owners/Renters – One document from Column A below, AND one document from Column B.
b. Shared Residence (or renter without valid lease)
*The owner/valid renter of the residence must still submit one document from Column A AND one document from Column B.
*The parent/guardian must provide TWO documents from Column B.
- Property Tax Bill
- Homestead Exemption Card
- Mortgage Statement
- Home Purchase Contract
- Fully Executed Lease Agreement
- Utility Bill (i.e. electric, water, waste)
- Telephone or Cellular Phone Bill
- Letter from Condo Office (on letterhead) confirming parent/guardian and child(ren) reside in said residence
- Automobile Registration
- Automobile Insurance
- Credit Card Statement
- Two Consecutive Bank Account Statements
- U.S. Postal Service Confirmation of Address Change Request
Summer Camp Registration Opens for Sunny Isles Beach residents on Saturday, March 25, and for non-residents on Saturday, April 8. To register stop by Pelican Community Park. Click the link below for more info and to download registration forms. Please have forms filled out when you come to register, and bring with you all of the necessary paperwork.