No payment of any kind is necessary to participate in or win the City of Sunny Isles Beach Booogie by the Beach Room Theme Contest.
Minors over the age of 14 are eligible to participate. Minors must ask their parent or legal guardian for permission to participate. If a participant is a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian agrees to these official rules along with and on behalf of his or her minor child. In order to win any prize, the parent of a minor must submit a written consent form prior to the award of the prize.
- Eligibility: The City of Sunny Isles Beach Booogie by the Beach Room Theme Contest is open to anyone residing in the United States who is not employed with the City of Sunny Isles Beach. Employees of the City of Sunny Isles Beach and members of the immediate families (parent, child or sibling) or households of any such employees, are not eligible to enter.
- Contest Period: The Contest period begins on Monday, August 5, at 10:00 am Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on Saturday, August 17, 11:59 pm EST.
- How to Enter: During the contest period, you may enter by submitting your room theme idea as a comment on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook social media posts referencing the Room Theme Contest. Multiple entries are allowed.
- Selection of Winners: Two (2) winners will be selected by Wednesday, August 21, 2019. Winners will be chosen by a review committee created by the City of Sunny Isles Beach. Judging will be subjective and based on the creativity and feasibility of the idea. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Verification and Notification: The contest winner will be notified by Friday, August 23, 2019. Winners may pick up their prize at Pelican Community Park, located at 18115 North Bay Road. Winners will be required to complete, sign and return a City of Sunny Isles Beach Media Contest Hold Harmless Form before the prize is claimed. By participating in this contest, entrants consent to the use of the entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and/or video for promotional purposes, including, but not limited to, online and on-air announcements, signage, posters, television, magazine articles, websites, social media sites (including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), and any other publication at the City’s discretion, without limitation and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. In the event of a conflict between the entry instruction and these contest rules, these contest rules shall control.
- Prize: Two chosen winners will receive the following prize: Behind the curtain access to the Haunted House for you and a friend, unlimited trips through the haunted house both nights for you and a friend, unlimited free carnival rides both nights at Booogie by the Beach. The City is not responsible for any delay, cancellation or rescheduling of any event and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. The City reserves the right to not award the prize associated with that canceled event without any payment or obligation to the winner or potential winner. The City reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with another prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value or alternatively, may substitute such prize with a comparable prize or like of the City’s discretion. Winner(s) must present official identification prior to being awarded the prize.
- General Rules: The City reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest should entrant fraud or misconduct or other causes beyond the control of the City corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Contest. The City is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the prize. Each entrant releases and agrees to hold the City harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising from or in connection with participation in this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. City is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, blocked, delayed, technical or human errors in submitting contest entry.
- Use of Entry Information: The City will not use submitted information for any purpose other than to contact the potential winners.
- Photo Release: The City and its authorized employees or agents may use any photos submitted to this contest in future City-sponsored brochures, posters, websites, social media, pamphlets, newspaper, City advertisements and/or any other promotional materials. The participants of this contest agree to give permission for photographs to be used in future promotional materials by the City and agree that any photographs, pictures, slides, movies or videos may be used in connection with participation in the contest without any compensation from the City or their agents and employees and you agree to hereby consent to the use of said photographs, pictures, slides, movies, or videos for any legal purpose.