All contractors performing work requiring a building permit within the City must file (register) with the City’s Building Department. To register, a contractor must provide company information, proof of license and insurance.
What document(s) does the City require for contractor registration?
A contractor must provide the following:
- Miami-Dade County Occupational License
- City Occupational License (if business is physically located within our City)
Contractor’s License as Follows:
- State Contractor’s License
- Miami-Dade County Contractor’s License
Proof of Insurance
Contractor registrations must be renewed every year based on filing date.
When must a contractor register with the City?
A contractor must register prior to applying for a building permit, or at the time of renewing their Occupational License or within seven days. (City Ordinance No. 98-22)
Is there a contractor registration fee?
Yes, there is a $50.00 annual registration fee per section 138-2 of the Charter and Code of the City of Sunny Isles Beach.
Once registered, how does a contractor apply for a permit?
A contractor must fill out a permit application, which is available in the Building Department. The contractor or owner must provide the following information:
- Folio number (13-digit number available from the property tax statement)
- Legal description (including lot, block, subdivision, plat book page)
- Owner name
- Contractor name, ID number, and certificate number
Type of improvement
- Zoning designation
- Value of work
- Permit type (electrical, plumbing)
Condo association Letter of Approval
The City requires a pre-submittal application for big projects only.
Permit price varies depending on value of job and square footage but the minimum fee is $100.00.
Who can I call to research the reputation of a contractor?
Miami-Dade Contractors License Information 305-375-2901