Please be advised that a small truck haul beach renourishment event is scheduled to commence Monday, April 9, 2018.
- As a permit requirement, the Armani Casa project will renourish a portion of the public beach.
- This project is smaller than the recent U.S. Army Corps of Engineers project and will provide for approximately 28,500 cubic yards of sand to be placed between 17901 to 16901 Collins Avenue.
- Vehicles hauling sand will access the beach at 18801 Collins Ave. and travel south down the beach to the placement area. The fill activities will be conducted north to south on weekdays only.
- The sand source is the Vulcan Witherspoon mine – the same sand used for the recently-completed U.S. Army Corps of Engineers project in other sections of Sunny Isles Beach.
- The project duration is scheduled to be approximately 3 weeks, finishing by April 30.
- Construction representatives will be onsite to coordinate information relative to individual property owner beach concessions and beach access.
- Please note, this is not a City managed project. This information is being distributed as a courtesy. Please contact the project manager, Christy Brush, Moffatt & Nichol, Inc., directly for any further questions, comments or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 786.725.4182.