News Alert
Home » Sunny Isles Beach Government Center » City Advisory Committee

City Advisory Committee

The Sunny Isles Beach City Advisory Committee’s mission is to assist the City Commission in developing policies in matters relating to capital projects, long-range technical matters, planning & zoning matters, social welfare issues, tourism/development, procurement, ethics, public safety, and cultural and fine arts enrichment.

The Advisory Committee has the authority to create sub committees to address the foregoing policies. The Advisory Committee may also propose the adoption of policies to the City Commission.

The Advisory Committee meets six times during the year, and the meetings are open to the public, and public participation is welcomed. The City Advisory Committee assists the City Commission in addressing specific issues in detail, lends professional expertise, facilitates community discussion, and serves as a primary conduit between citizens and the City Commission.

august, 2017

Filter Events

24aug6:00 pm- 7:00 pmCity Advisory Committee Condo Workshop Re: Budget & Reserves in Condo Associations6:00 pm - 7:00 pm


The City Advisory Committee holds workshops to address questions and concerns residents may have about various topics. These workshops are open to anyone, and feature knowledgeable speakers about each subject. The workshops are recorded and uploaded to our Vimeo page so that information may be distributed to all those who were not able to attend. Please find a list of past workshops and links to the videos below.

What You Should Know About the Complaint Process Against Condominium Associations
What You Should Know About Condominium Association Responsibilities
What You Need to Know About Forty-Year Recertification

Building Permitting & Code Enforcement
What You Should Know About Condo Living

Current Members

Jeniffer Viscarra, Chair
Howard Gordon,
Michael Ducote
Mila Simkin
Jeevan Tillit
Carla Mast
Lenny Roth

If you would like to contact a member of the City Advisory Committee, you may do so via email at: or you may go through the Office of the City Clerk.