What type of work requires a Building Permit?

The following repair/replacement/alteration projects always require a permit (this list is not all inclusive):

  • Water heater change out
  • Air conditioner (A/C) change out
  • Heat pump/heater recovery change out
  • Tub/shower pan change out
  • Electrical service change out/repair
  • All repairs due to a fire
  • Accessory structures such as sheds, gazebos, chickees
  • Carports
  • Pools and spas
  • Fences and walls
  • Decks (wood or concrete)
  • Screened porch, patios, enclosures
  • Replacement of windows and doors
  • Shutter installation
  • Flooring (tile, marble, wood, etc)
  • Kitchen remodeling
  • Exterior painting
  • Awnings and canopy
  • Interior and exterior signs
  • Paving and drainage
  • Landscaping

For more information, call the Building Department at 305-947-2150 or visit their department online here.

Please click here if this helped you.
35 people found this helpful.

Category: Building

← What type of work requires a Building Permit?