This project is managed by the Florida Department of Transportation and is being communicated to Sunny Isles Beach residents as a courtesy.
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) continues to work on the (SR) A1A/Collins Avenue roadway construction project. This project includes the repaving of A1A / Collins Avenue, as well as upgrading sidewalks, pedestrian signals, and pedestrian ramps. The FDOT has given notice that they will be performing concrete and signalization work.
Most Recent Update:
Saturday, August 4, 2018 —
Work Period: Monday, August 6 – Friday, August 10
Continuing Monday, August 6, FDOT will be performing concrete, signalization work and paving operations along (SR) A1A / Collins Avenue.
- One lane may be closed in the northbound direction between 158 Street/Bayview Drive and 192 Street from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- One lane may be closed in the northbound or southbound direction between Bayview Drive and 192 Street from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- One lane will remain open at all times
Upcoming Construction Activities Include:
- Upgrading pedestrian signals at various locations
- Upgrading pedestrian ramps to current standards
- Performing sidewalk work
- Performing traffic signal work
*Please note that this schedule may change due to weather or unexpected conditions.
Lane closure and project information will be posted weekly on the Florida Department of Transportation’s website at www.fdotmiamidade.com.
If you wish to learn more about this project, please contact Public Information Specialist Sandra Bello by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 305.510.0827. You may also contact Kathy McLendon directly at Kathy.Mclendon@dot.state.fl.us or by phone at 305.640.7437.