This project is managed by the Florida Department of Transportation and is being passed on to Sunny Isles Beach residents as a service.
Most Recent Update:
Monday, August 28, 2017 —
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) continues to work on the (SR) A1A/Collins Avenue roadway construction project. This project includes the repaving of A1A / Collins Avenue, as well as upgrading sidewalks, pedestrian signals, and pedestrian ramps. The FDOT has given notice that they will be performing concrete and signalization work from Monday, August 28, through Friday, September 1, 2017.
Work being performed includes
- Upgrading pedestrian signals at various locations
- Upgrading pedestrian ramps to current standards
- Performing sidewalk work
- Performing traffic signal work
To build this project safely, it will be necessary to periodically close lanes and establish detours at times.
- One lane may be closed northbound between Bayview Drive and 192 Street from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Two lanes will remain open at all times.
Lanes may be closed during non-peak hours:
- 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., weekdays and weekends
- 11:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m., weekdays and weekends
(This schedule is subject to change dependent on bad weather or unexpected conditions.)
Lane closure and project information will be posted weekly on the Florida Department of Transportations website, at www.fdotmiamidade.com.
If you wish to learn more about this project, please contact Public Information Specialist Sandra Bello by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 305.510.0827. You may also contact Kathy McLendon directly at Kathy.Mclendon@dot.state.fl.us or by phone at 305.640.7437.