This project is managed by the Florida Department of Transportation and is being communicated to Sunny Isles Beach residents as a courtesy.
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) continues to work on the (SR) A1A/Collins Avenue roadway construction project. This project includes the repaving of A1A / Collins Avenue, as well as upgrading sidewalks, pedestrian signals, and pedestrian ramps. The FDOT has given notice that they will be performing concrete and signalization work.
Most Recent Update:
Friday, June 15, 2018 —
Work Period: Monday, June 18, through Friday, June 22, 2018
Continuing Monday, June 18, FDOT will be paving the outside lanes between South of Bayview Drive/158 Street and 192 Street. This work is scheduled during nighttime hours only between 9 pm and 5:30 am through Friday, June 22, 2018.
- Driveways will be temporarily blocked for about an hour while the crew is working directly in front of a property.
- One lane may be closed in the northbound direction between 158 Street/Bayview Drive and 192 Street from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- One lane may be closed in the northbound or southbound direction between Bayview Drive and 192 Street from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- One lane will remain open at all times
Upcoming Construction Activities Include:
- Upgrading pedestrian signals at various locations
- Upgrading pedestrian ramps to current standards
- Performing sidewalk work
- Performing traffic signal work
*Please note that this schedule may change due to weather or unexpected conditions.
Lane closure and project information will be posted weekly on the Florida Department of Transportation’s website at www.fdotmiamidade.com.
If you wish to learn more about this project, please contact Public Information Specialist Sandra Bello by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 305.510.0827. You may also contact Kathy McLendon directly at Kathy.Mclendon@dot.state.fl.us or by phone at 305.640.7437.