This project is managed by the Florida Department of Transportation and is being communicated to Sunny Isles Beach residents as a courtesy.
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) continues to work on the (SR) A1A/Collins Avenue roadway construction project. This project includes the repaving of A1A / Collins Avenue, as well as upgrading sidewalks, pedestrian signals, and pedestrian ramps. The FDOT has given notice that they will be performing concrete and signalization work.
Most Recent Update:
Saturday, March 17, 2018 —
Beginning Monday, March 19 through Friday, March 23, FDOT will be performing concrete and signalization work on SR A1A / Collins Avenue.
Work being performed includes:
- Upgrading pedestrian signals at various locations
- Upgrading pedestrian ramps to current standards
- Performing sidewalk work
- Performing traffic signal work
- One lane may be closed in the northbound and/or southbound direction between Bayview Drive and 192 Street from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- Two lanes may be closed either in the northbound and/or southbound direction between Bayview Drive and 192 Street from during nighttime hours 9:30 pm to 5:00 am.
- One lane will remain open at all times.
Lane closure and project information will be posted weekly on the Florida Department of Transportation’s website at www.fdotmiamidade.com.
If you wish to learn more about this project, please contact Public Information Specialist Sandra Bello by email, email@example.com, or by phone at 305.510.0827. You may also contact Kathy McLendon directly at Kathy.Mclendon@dot.state.fl.us or by phone at 305.640.7437.