EMERGENCY ORDER 07 AND SUPPLEMENT TO
DECLARED STATE OF EMERGENCY
WHEREAS, on March 12, 2020 the City Manager declared a Local Emergency as a result of COVID-19; and
WHEREAS, the City Manager has extended the declared state of Local Emergency every seven (7) days since that date; and
WHEREAS, on March 26, 2020, the City Manager issued an Emergency Order and Supplement to Declared State of Emergency which adopted Miami-Dade County Mayor Gimenez’s Emergency Order 10-20 regarding hotels, motels, sho1i-term vacation rentals and other commercial lodging establishments; and
WHEREAS, the City Manager’s Emergency Order 02-20 and Supplement to Declared State of Emergency ordered individuals to remain at home other than to engage in essential activities; and
WHEREAS, the Governor, via Executive Order 20-122 has allowed Miami-Dade County to proceed to Phase 1 of the Safe, Smart, Step by Step Plan for Florida’s Recovery, subject to the limitations imposed in Executive Order 20-112 paragraphs two through six; and
WHEREAS, On May 15, 2020, Mayor Gimenez issued Emergency Order 23-20 which permits retail and commercial establishments to open for business, provided that each such establishments follow the requirements set fo1ih in Emergency Order 23-20 and the “Moving to a New Normal Handbook” attached to that Emergency Order as Exhibit A, in addition to the supplemental guidelines for outdoor restaurant dining attached to that Emergency Order as Exhibit B; and
WHEREAS. the City of Sunny Isles Beach desires to adopt the provisions of Emergency Order 23-20 and its incorporated exhibits in order to permit retail and commercial establishments to open for business consistent with the direction taken by Miami Dade County.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY DECLARED AND ORDERED AS FOLLOWS:
1. Miami-Dade County Mayor Gimenez’s Emergency Order 23-20 and its incorporated exhibits are hereby adopted and incorporated herein by reference.
2. All retail and commercial establishments, as defined in Emergency Order 23-20, located within the jurisdiction of the City of Sunny Isles Beach that wish to open shall follow the provisions of Emergency Order 23-20.
3. All prior Emergency Orders shall remain in effect except to the extent modified by this Emergency Order 07.
4. The provisions of this Emergency Order shall be effective immediately and shall expire upon the expiration of the Declared State of Local Emergency, except that if the Declared State of Local Emergency is extended, this Emergency Order shall also be deemed to extend for the duration of such extension.
5. This Emergency Order may be cancelled earlier by the City Manager.