Deadline: January 1, 2018
The City of Sunny Isles Beach is seeking applicants to form the Public Arts Advisory Committee (PAAC), an opportunity for citizens with artistic expertise to advise the City Commission on matters of public art.
What Does PAAC Do?
Members of PAAC will serve two-year terms from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2020. Five applicants will be selected to advise the commission and make recommendations with respect to:
- Overall public art policy
- Methodology and selection of artwork (through acquisition or commission) to be placed on City-owned property
- Public arts projects and programs (temporary or permanent) and the most advantageous location
- Other artistic-related tasks determined by the City Commission or City Manager
Meetings will be scheduled at least three weeks in advance and held on a mutually convenient date. No more than 10 meetings are expected in any given year. Members must be willing to comply with procedures and requirements for all City Advisory Boards.
Who Should Apply?
Committee members work on a pro bono basis and must possess qualifications in one or more of the following skills:
- Visual or graphic arts
- Architecture and design
- Urban planning
- Public art and place-making curation
- Digital and display design
- Professionally trained artists
How to Apply
Submit a letter stating your qualifications, reason for your interest in serving on this Committee, and statement of willingness and availability to serve. Letters of qualification should be filed with the Office of the City Clerk at 18070 Collins Ave., 4th Floor, Sunny Isles Beach, Florida 33160. Submittal letters will be accepted until January 1, 2018.
Potential applicants may contact 305-792-1703 with questions.
NOTE: The Commission reserves the right to expand this search beyond city boundaries, within Miami-Dade County, if the search within the City is not sufficient.