Official City of Sunny Isles Beach social media platforms are limited public forums, subject to page rules and user agreement policies. Each site welcomes family-friendly comments and posts. The primary goals of the City’s use of social media are to increase public awareness of the City’s programs, services, and initiatives and to maintain open, professional, and responsive communications with members of the public regarding the City. The City believes in an honest civil discussion of community issues and strives to create an environment for constructive community engagement.
Shares, Likes and Follows by any City of Sunny Isles Beach profile are not endorsements. Users who submit content to any official City of Sunny Isles Beach social media platform acknowledge that they have read, understood, and agreed to the City’s terms and conditions by virtue of such use.
The City recognizes and appreciates the rights of all members of our online community to free speech and freedom of expression. Comments or posts made by users to any social media page under the control of the City of Sunny Isles Beach will be monitored and while they will not be removed based on their opinion or viewpoint, the City reserves the right to remove, hide, or delete without prior notification, comments that include:
- Speech that is prohibited and/or subject to governmental regulations and includes but may not be limited to communications that may be construed as lewd and obscene, profane, libelous, insulting, humiliating, abusive, hostile and/or considered fighting words
- Contains offensive terms that target protected classes
- Contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information
- Comments that are off topic in relation to the content of the post, and are purposefully inflammatory
- Circumvents Public Records or Open Meeting Laws
- Conducts, incites, or promotes violence or illegal activities
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Non-City endorsed solicitations of commerce
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- Content that contains Malware, Viruses or Spam
- Violations of the City of Sunny Isles Beach Code of Ordinances Chapter 17
- Duplicate comments posted repeatedly within a short period of time
The City disclaims liability for advertisements, videos, promoted content, or comments posted by visitors to any City managed social media page. The responsibility for external content of comments rests solely with the organization or individuals providing them. Opinions expressed by visitors to any City managed social media page do not reflect the opinions of the city, nor the opinions of any of the City’s elected officials or employees.
Public Records Disclaimer