This year, Thanksgiving takes place on Thursday, November 26. Before you celebrate Turkey Day, read up on resources to ensure your Thanksgiving is celebrated safely.
Thanksgiving City Services Schedule
The Sunny Isles Beach Government Center will be closed Thursday, November 26 through Sunday, November 29 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
The SIB Branch Library located in the Government Center will be closed Thursday, November 26 through Sunday, November 29.
The United States Post Office located on the outside of the Government Center will be closed on Thursday, November 26.
- The SIBshuttle will not operate on Thursday, November 26.
- Only the SIBshuttle Orange Lines 1 & 2 WILL operate on Friday, November 27. The Blue line will NOT operate.
City parks will be open on Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27 with expanded holiday hours:
Thursday, November 26: 8 am – 6 pm
Friday, November 27: 11 am – 9 pm
*Golden Shores Park will close earlier at sunset. Senator Gwen Margolis Park will close earlier at 8 pm.
Please visit sibfl.net/parks for current hours of operation and guidelines.
The Police Department remains open 24/7 as usual.
Thanksgiving Miami-Dade County Services Schedule
Waste and Recycling
All Department of Solid Waste Management (DSWM) waste and recycling collection services will occur on a normal schedule, and all DSWM disposal facilities will observe normal operating hours on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26, 2020.
The DSWM Administrative offices will be closed on Thursday, November 26, 2020, and Friday, November 27, 2020.
- While Thanksgiving is a time to gather with family and close friends, this can increase your chance of exposure to COVID-19. Read these guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that can keep you safer.
- If you feel ill or think you may have been exposed, take precautions and get tested for COVID-19.
- Read the New Normal website for the latest updates, important notices and safety guidelines relating to COVID-19 in our County.
- If you’re cooking at home, don’t dump oil down the drain, as that can cause clogs and damage. Remember to can the grease.
- Read some more cooking safety tips to make sure your Thanksgiving dinner goes off without a hitch.
- The holidays shouldn’t be a pain. Read some holiday safety tips to make sure you stay safe in all aspects of the holiday season.