NOTICE: The Code Compliance & Licensing Department has suspended walk-in service and will be serving customers by appointment only until further notice.
Make an Appointment:
*Appointments include: Code Compliance, Parking Permits, Business Licensing, Complaints, Special Events, Lane Closures, Extended Construction Hours, Other
Screenings Required for Access to City Facilities
- All visitors and employees are required to undergo a screening at the SIB Government Center prior to entering any City facility. Screenings will take place on the first floor of the Government Center parking garage near the west entrance of the Government Center and library book drop. The screening consists of a series of questions and a contactless temperature check. You will receive a wristband upon completing the screening.
- Visitors should arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete the screening. After completing the screening in the parking garage, you will need to check-in and obtain a visitor badge on the first floor inside the Government Center near the elevators. Any visitor that does not check-in will be asked to leave immediately. Learn more at sibfl.net/screenings.
The Code Compliance Department provides an array of services, through Licensing, Code, and Parking Enforcement, by implementing and managing policies, programs, regulations, and services to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of citizens, visitors, and the business community. The mission of the Code Compliance Department is to preserve the community’s quality of life by effectively interpreting and enforcing the City Code, through research, data collection, and the implementation of enforcement to achieve compliance. Staff processes permits for Special Events, Parking, Lane Closures, issues Lien Search Letters, regulates and coordinates the issuance and renewals of Local Business Tax Receipts and Certificates of Use for businesses operating within City limits, among others.
All forms and applications for permits and licenses must be submitted to the Code Compliance Department, located at the Sunny Isles Beach Government Center, 18070 Collins Avenue, 3rd floor. Online renewals are now available for Certificate of Use and Local Business Tax Receipts. First-time applicants must submit their application in-person. Business hours are Monday – Friday, from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Customers are assisted on a first-come, first-serve basis. You do not need a number to be served by staff.
Licenses and Applications
Special Event Applications
- Hold Harmless Form (This Form must accompany all of the below Event Applications)
- Garage Sale Permit Application
- Open House Sign Permit Application
- Outdoor Indoor Special Event Application
- Public Beach/Park Events Permit Application
- Fireworks Display Permit Application
Please note: All individuals seeking a special event permit must contract with an upland property owner. Special event permits are not issued directly to individuals.
- Application for Extended Construction Hours
- Application for Extended Construction Hours Interior Only
- Beach Access Closure Application
- Lane Closure Application Collins Avenue & Sunny Isles Blvd.
- Lane Closure Application for Interior Streets
- Sidewalk Closure Application
Short-Term Rental of Single-Family Home
- Short-Term Single-Family Vacation Rental Listing Registration Form
- Short-Term Single-Family Vacation Rental Stay Registration Form