Code Compliance and Licensing Department services are available by appointment only.
*Appointments include: Code Compliance, Parking Permits, Business Licensing, Complaints, Special Events, Lane Closures, Extended Construction Hours, Other
- All visitors are required to check-in when entering the Sunny Isles Beach Government Center. Visitors shall check in with City staff on the 1st floor main lobby of the Government Center. Visitors must enter the Government Center through the main front entrance (not the parking garage). Visitors must have their driver’s license (or some form of photo identification) with them.
- Visitors will be required to take a photo for the visitor badge (this photo can be saved in our system, for future visits, for your convenience).
- Once all steps are completed, visitors will be issued a visitor badge, which must be worn at all times while in the facility.
Helpful Tip: Download the mobile app “Sine Pro” ahead of time to expedite your check-in process via your mobile device. You can begin the process as soon as you are in the parking lot of the Government Center. Upon entry, (you will only need to show confirmation of your check in and) your visitor badge will be issued.
The Code Compliance Department provides an array of services, through Licensing, Code, and Parking Enforcement, by implementing and managing policies, programs, regulations, and services to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of citizens, visitors, and the business community. The mission of the Code Compliance Department is to preserve the community’s quality of life by effectively interpreting and enforcing the City Code, through research, data collection, and the implementation of enforcement to achieve compliance. Staff processes permits for Special Events, Parking, Lane Closures, issues Lien Search Letters, regulates and coordinates the issuance and renewals of Local Business Tax Receipts and Certificates of Use for businesses operating within City limits, among others.
All forms and applications for permits and licenses must be submitted to the City of Sunny Isles Beach Code Compliance Department. Renewals for Certificates of Use and Local Business Tax Receipts must be completed through the online portal. First-time applicants must submit their application in-person at the Sunny Isles Beach Government Center, 3rd Floor, 18070 Collins Avenue. Business hours are Monday – Friday, from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. Appointments are required.
Licenses and Applications
*Paper applications are accepted in-person or by mail for first-time applicants only. If you would like to renew your Certificate of Use or renew your Local Business Tax Receipt, it must be submitted online through your portal account.
Special Event Applications
- Hold Harmless Form (This Form must accompany all of the below Event Applications)
- Garage Sale Permit Application
- Open House Sign Permit Application
- Outdoor Indoor Special Event Application
- Public Beach/Park Events Permit Application
- Fireworks Display Permit Application
Please note: All individuals seeking a special event permit must contract with an upland property owner. Special event permits are not issued directly to individuals.
- Application for Extended Construction Hours
- Application for Extended Construction Hours Interior Only
- Beach Access Closure Application
- Lane Closure Application Collins Avenue & Sunny Isles Blvd.
- Lane Closure Application for Interior Streets
- Sidewalk Closure Application
Short-Term Rental of Single-Family Home
- Short-Term Single-Family Vacation Rental Listing Registration Form
- Short-Term Single-Family Vacation Rental Stay Registration Form