The Code Compliance Department provides an array of services, through Licensing, Code, and Parking Enforcement, by implementing and managing policies, programs, regulations, and services to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of citizens, visitors, and the business community. The mission of the Code Compliance Department is to preserve the community’s quality of life by effectively interpreting and enforcing the City Code, through research, data collection, and the implementation of enforcement to achieve compliance. Staff processes permits for Special Events, Parking, Lane Closures, issues Lien Search Letters, regulates and coordinates the issuance and renewals of Local Business Tax Receipts and Certificates of Use for businesses operating within City limits, among others.
All forms and applications for permits and licenses must be submitted to the Code Compliance Department, located at the Sunny Isles Beach Government Center, 18070 Collins Avenue, 3rd floor. Business hours are Monday – Friday, from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Customers are assisted on a first-come, first-serve basis. You do not need a number to be served by staff.
Licenses and Applications
Special Event Applications
- Hold Harmless Form (This Form must accompany all of the below Event Applications)
- Garage Sale Permit Application
- Open House Sign Permit Application
- Outdoor Indoor Special Event Application
- Public Beach/Park Events Permit Application
- Fireworks Display Permit Application
- Application for Extended Construction Hours
- Application for Extended Construction Hours Interior Only
- Beach Access Closure Application
- Lane Closure Application Collins Avenue & Sunny Isles Blvd.
- Lane Closure Application for Interior Streets
- Sidewalk Closure Application
Short-Term Rental of Single-Family Home
- Short-Term Single-Family Vacation Rental Listing Registration Form
- Short-Term Single-Family Vacation Rental Stay Registration Form