The Sunny Isles Beach Police Department and the City of Sunny Isles Beach want to ensure your business, condominium or hotel’s safety. In case of an emergency, the Police Department needs to know who to contact. Please complete the Emergency Contact Form today so the SIBPD can communicate imperative information in case of an emergency.
The South Florida hurricane season begins on June 1 and ends November 30. Sunny Isles Beach is located in the Zone B floodplain where a hurricane may cause a storm surge, high winds, tornadoes, flooding, or loss of utility services. Review the below resources to ensure you are prepared before, during and after a storm.
Before a Hurricane
Hurricane preparations should begin well before the start of hurricane season. Make a plan for your family, stock up on supplies and review your insurance policies. Once a hurricane or tropical storm watch is declared, most of your preparations should be directed toward your home.
Sign up for Alerts
Pre-register for Emergency Evacuations
Know Your Storm Surge Planning Zone
Hurricane Supply Kit
Make a Plan
Check Your Insurance
Extra Considerations During COVID-19
During a Hurricane
If a hurricane or storm is threatening our area, we will post the latest information on city closures, evacuation orders and updates, on our webpage at sibfl.net/emergency.
Watch vs. Warning
Parking in Municipal Lots
Safety Tips During a Hurricane
Flood Safety Tips
After a Hurricane
Before returning home after an evacuation, make sure that the authorities have declared the area safe. We will communicate important updates and closures via email, social media and our webpage, sibfl.net/emergency.
Returning Home After a Hurricane
Safety Tips Following a Hurricane
- For the most up-to-date information when a storm approaches, tune in to local network news or listen to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio
- For non-emergency information, dial 311 in Miami-Dade County or 305.468.5900 for the Miami-Dade County Call Center, TTY/TDD 305.468.5402
- SIB city-related information during and after a storm: sibfl.net/emergency
- Sunny Isles Beach hurricane preparedness information for construction sites: SIB Building Department – Call 305.947.2150
- SIB hurricane evacuation questions: Call the SIB Police Department at 305.947.4440.
- Report downed power lines or outages to FPL online or at 1-800-4-OUTAGE.
- SIB Television, Atlantic Broadband Channel 662 and AT&T U-verse Channel 99 run “Hurricanes, Be Prepared” from June – November, Monday – Saturday, at 2 pm
- Hurricane resources from Miami-Dade County: miamidade.gov/hurricane
- Hurricane resources for Sunny Isles Beach residents: sibfl.net/hurricane
Guides & Information
- National Hurricane Center
- Miami-Dade County Hurricane Information
- Miami-Dade County 2020 Hurricane Readiness Guide
- Miami-Dade County COVID-19 Insert
- Miami-Dade County Flood Protection
- Miami-Dade County Hurricane Door Hanger
- Sunny Isles Beach Hurricane Information
- Flood Protection in Sunny Isles Beach
- National Hurricane Center Preparedness Information
- Red Cross: How to Prepare for a Hurricane During COVID-19
- Hurricane Q&A
- Sign Up for Emergency Alerts from Miami Dade County
- Sign Up for Emergency Alerts from the City of Sunny Isles Beach
- Evacuation & Emergency Contact Information
- Storm Surge Planning Zones
- Suggested Hurricane Supply List