All City parks have expanded hours of operation as of Monday, March 15, 2021. Please review the below rules and guidelines before visiting our parks.
Address: 16501 Collins Avenue
- Daily (except Tuesdays & Fridays), 7 am – 7:30 pm
- Tuesdays & Fridays, 10:30 am – 7:30 pm
Current Rules & Guidelines
- Fishing is allowed from the designated location, but a distance of 10 feet must be maintained between yourself and others unless you are from the same household.
- Facial coverings are required while fishing.
- Only one person per cleaning station.
- If Pier is busy, residents will be given preference.
- All persons must comply with the protocols set forth in the Miami-Dade County “Moving to a New Normal Handbook” governing Parks and Open Spaces.
Those who do not follow the rules, may be asked to leave by City staff.
Please be advised that the operational changes and time periods described herein are subject to change at any time due to the evolving situation.
Located on the ocean at Sunny Isles Beach Boulevard and Collins Avenue, this park is the access point to the beach. The Newport Fishing Pier is open for fishing and walking for a small fee. A lifeguard station is located at this park for swimmer’s safety during operational hours.
- Metered Public Parking – 4 Handicap spaces, 2 official-use spaces, and 23 unrestricted spaces
- Beach Access with Lifeguard Station
- Fishing Pier
- Bike Racks
- Community Shuttle Service
Metered parking is available and enforced at Pier Park, 24 hours a day / 365 days a year.
*Any non-City organized events (festivals, entertainment, birthday parties etc.) must be approved ahead of time. Contact the Cultural & Community Services Department at 305.792.1706 for more information, or stop by Pelican Community Park at 18115 North Bay Road.