2023 Transit Study
A Transit Study was recently completed by the Corradino Group. The study aimed to provide improved transit service in Sunny Isles Beach, looking particularly at the city’s free SIBshuttle service. The study reviewed many aspects of our transit system, including routes and stops, ridership, hours, and frequency of service.
The study also collected data about bus ridership, reviewed the existing transit system, and provided opportunities to hear from the public about their transit priorities. The consultant team analyzed and evaluated the information gathered, and proposed strategies to improve transit in Sunny Isles Beach.
The results from the study are now available to view at the link below.
You can now track the SIBshuttle on your mobile phone or computer with our new SIBshuttle Tracker App. Download the app on your iPhone or Android by visiting your app store and searching for “SIBshuttle.” The SIBshuttle app features a real-time map, a list of stop locations, and service updates.
You can also call 305.741.0907 to check shuttle time of arrival for a specific bus stop.
Please check the route tracker tab on the mobile SIBshuttle app to verify which buses are running on a selected route (Orange or Blue).
The City provides free Community Shuttle Service 7 days per week with three lines running simultaneously for the convenience of residents and visitors.
- Orange Line #1
runs Monday to Sunday 8:00 am to 7:35 pm
- Orange Line #2
runs Monday to Saturday 8:00 am to 7:50 pm
- Blue Line
runs Monday to Friday 7:45 am to 3:50 pm
To view shuttle stops and times, please download the SIBshuttle mobile application or view the Real-time Tracker Map.
Things You Should Know
- Ride is FREE
- Be early
- Times are approximate due to traffic
- Install the SIBshuttle smartphone app to check shuttle’s current location and estimated time of arrival
- Call 305.741.0907 to check the estimated time of arrival for each line at any bus-stop
- If you have any questions, ask the driver!
- No tipping
- Children 12 & under are not allowed to ride without an adult
- No smoking, food or drinks
- No pets permitted on City Shuttle Buses except for service animals permitted under applicable law
- Passengers are required to wear a shirt and shoes at all times and strollers or carts must be folded prior to boarding.
- Drivers have the right to refuse service for unruly behavior, improper seating/standing, loud talking or profanity and loud music. Sunny Isles Beach Police will be contacted if passenger does not comply.
All SIBshuttle buses are handicap accessible, equipped with a lift for wheelchairs.
Miami-Dade Transit Service
Miami-Dade Transit buses make several stops in Sunny Isles Beach, including Routes E, H, S & 120 Beach MAX. For more information on Miami-Dade Transit Services and schedules, visit www.miamidade.gov/transit.