The City of Sunny Isles Beach has reopened select parks on a limited schedule for Sunny Isles Beach residents only. Due to the high density of our city and the nature of our parks, it is important that we have rules and guidelines in place to keep our community safe. The City welcomes its residents to enjoy the reopened parks for passive use only such as walking and/or jogging while adhering to specific guidelines and restrictions. Following these guidelines will ensure a safe and healthy experience for everyone!
The City of Sunny Isles Beach has issued Amendment 2 to Emergency Order 12-20, allowing for the reopening of playgrounds and fitness equipment beginning Friday, October 2. Playgrounds will be open during their respective park hours. Children should not enter if they are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. Facial coverings are required and children must practice social distancing. Practice good hygiene and handwashing before and after using the playground. Please respect the playground and park rules as well as those who have to enforce them.
- Gateway Park, 151 Sunny Isles Blvd
- Heritage Park, 19200 Collins Ave
- Intracoastal Parks, 16100 Collins Ave
- Pier Park, 16501 Collins Ave
- Samson Oceanfront Park, 17425 Collins Ave
- Senator Gwen Margolis Park, 17815 N. Bay Rd
- Town Center Park, 17200 Collins Ave
- Golden Shores Park, 201 191 Terrace
Parks Remaining Closed:
- Pelican Community Park, 18115 N Bay Rd
- Bella Vista Bay Park, 500 Sunny Isles Blvd
Hours of Operation
Gateway Park, Heritage Park, Town Center Park & Intracoastal Park playground
Daily (except Tuesdays), 8 am – noon
Daily 4 – 9 pm
Samson Oceanfront Park
Open daily 7 am – 8 pm
Senator Gwen Margolis Park
Open daily 8 am – 8 pm
Soccer field open daily 8 am – 8 pm (Field closed weekdays from 4 – 8 pm for City programming)
Golden Shores Park
Open daily (except Tuesdays), 8 am – noon
4 pm – sunset
Newport Fishing Pier
Open Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs & Sat: 7 am – 6 pm
Open Tuesday & Friday: 10:30 am – 6 pm (morning closure is for pier maintenance)
- The Newport Fishing Pier is open to Sunny Isles Beach residents only. Proof of residency will be required prior to entrance.
- Facial coverings are required while fishing.
- Fishing is allowed, but a distance of 10 feet must be maintained between yourself and others unless you are from the same household. Only one person per cleaning station.
- Fee is $5.00 per person to fish, $2.00 per person to fish with a valid Sunny Isles Beach Resident ID Card, and $2.00 per person admission to pier without fishing (Free with a Sunny Isles Beach Resident ID card)
- Sidewalks will be marked for one-directional use.
- Restrooms will be open, but limited to only 1 person/family at a time. Restrooms will be sanitized throughout each day.
- Parking lots and garages will remain open only to Sunny Isles Beach residents. Parking fees continue to be enforced.
- No organized practice or games.
- No groups larger than 10 people may gather in the same place.
Guidelines for Use
- Sunny Isles Beach parks will be open for residents ONLY. Please bring your Sunny Isles Beach Resident ID card or a photo ID with your address listed.
- Facial coverings must be worn in accordance with Amendment 2 to Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 20-20 and CDC/Health Department guidelines, except that facial coverings shall not be required:
- For children under the age of two years
- For persons who have trouble breathing
- Where Federal or state safety or health regulations prohibit the wearing of facial coverings
- For persons engaged in strenuous physical activity
- Residents must adhere to social distancing guidelines by keeping a distance of at least six feet between yourself and others.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian when in the park.
- No animals permitted in parks with the exception of recognized service animals.
- Dogs are allowed at Intracoastal Parks and at designated dog parks. Dogs must remain on a leash and you must pick up after your pet. Containers are available for you to be a responsible pet owner.
- Visitors should bring their own water as water fountains will be closed.
The City is implementing strict enforcement of social distancing and all rules, and offenders are subject to penalties and fines. City staff will be monitoring each park and will require those not following the rules to leave.
Please be advised that the operational changes and time periods described herein are subject to change at any time due to the evolving situation.