On Tuesday, September 27, the City of Sunny Isles Beach issued a Declaration of Local Emergency in preparation for impacts from Hurricane Ian.
The Tropical Storm Warning issued for Miami-Dade County is no longer in effect.
Parking Available for Residents
All residents who have parked their vehicles in the Gateway Park garage should remove them by 8:00 AM on Thursday, September 29. Parking enforcement will resume at that time.
If you picked up sandbags, please do not dump the sand on the beach. Keep them for the rest of hurricane season, which runs through November 30.
Sunny Isles Beach Government Center
The Government Center will remain open for regular hours of operation on Wednesday, September 28 and Thursday, September 29.
All parks will be open for regular hours of operation on Thursday, September 29
The SIBshuttle will resume operation on Thursday, September 29.
Beach and Newport Fishing Pier
The beach remains closed until otherwise notified by Miami-Dade County. The Newport Fishing Pier will be open for regular hours of operation on Thursday, September 29
City Programs and Events
All youth programs except Study Hall will take place as regularly scheduled on Thursday, September 29. All adult and senior programs at Gateway Center are canceled on Thursday, September 29.
The Environment Sustainability Advisory Committee (ESAC) meeting scheduled for Thursday, September 29 is canceled.
Miami-Dade County Public Schools
All Miami-Dade public schools, as well as Region and District offices, will be closed on Wednesday, 9/28, and Thursday, 9/29. A decision about the status of schools for Friday, 9/30, has not been made at this point.
The Ellen Wynne Beach Access parking lot will reopen on Thursday, September 29.
Report Storm Damage
Report storm damage and flooding by calling 311 or through the Miami-Dade County Neighborhood Damage Assessment form.
- National Hurricane Center
- Miami-Dade County Hurricane Information
- Red Cross: How to Prepare for a Hurricane During COVID-19
- Sunny Isles Beach Hurricane Information
- Sign Up for Emergency Alerts from Miami Dade County
- Sign Up for Emergency Alerts from the City of Sunny Isles Beach
- Register for Miami-Dade County Emergency Evacuation Assistance
- Flood Protection in Sunny Isles Beach
- National Hurricane Center Preparedness Information
- Evacuation & Emergency Contact Information
- Storm Surge Planning Zones
- Suggested Hurricane Supply List