The Finance Department provides overall financial and support services to the City and its departments following procedures established by the City Manager.
The department is responsible for all business related activities including:
- Providing departments and the public with timely financial information to assure accuracy, accountability, and transparency. The Finance Department ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- The preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Budget and Five Year Capital Improvement Program, the Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR), monthly investment reports, quarterly payroll tax reports, quarterly fuel tax reports, quarterly CITT (Citizens Independent Transportation Trust) reports, and monthly sales tax reports.
- Monitoring department budgets and preparing periodic budget amendments for the City Manager and City Commission as needed.
- Monitoring capital project expenditures.
- Maintaining fixed assets records.
- Administering and monitoring performance of City investments.
- Reconciling bank and investment accounts.
- Processing weekly vendor payments – see Accounts Payable.
- Processing payroll in-house bi-weekly for employees – see Payroll.
- Procuring necessary goods and services for City departments and maintaining records of vendor contracts, purchase orders, insurance and related documentation – see Procurement / Purchasing.