Address: 18115 North Bay Road
Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 9 pm
Saturday, 8:30 AM – 5 PM
Sunday, 8:30 AM – 5 PM (Front desk services offered in gymnasium only.)
*Fitness room closed on Sundays
After opening in August 2008, Pelican Community Park has become a center for activity, learning and community involvement in Sunny Isles Beach. Working in close cooperation with the Norman S. Edelcup Sunny Isles Beach K-8 School, Pelican Community Park offers a two-story Community Center with classrooms and a fitness center, and a variety of seasonal programs for children and adults, in addition to after-school programs and camps.
- Chief Fred Maas Little League Field (200’ home plate to center field – ages 10 and under)
- Playground area (2 – 5-year-olds and 5 – 12-year-olds)
- Picnic tables
- Bike racks
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor Baseball Field
- Phyllis and Raanan Katz Sports Center indoor basketball gymnasium – 10,365 ft²
- 1 full-size basketball court or 2 half courts
- Storage and locker rooms
- Concession area
- Community Center with classrooms – 15,194 ft²
- Large Multi-Purpose Room (2,800 ft² available for rent)
- Arts & Crafts Room (1,976 ft²)
- Small Multi-Purpose Room (with Computer Lab)
- Fitness Center (786 ft²) with the following:
- Treadmills (2)
- Standing Elliptical (1)
- Seated Elliptical (1)
- Recumbent Stationary Bike (1)
- 5-Station Modular
- Free Weights
- Administrative offices for Cultural & Community Services
- Community Shuttle Service
Pelican Community Park memberships offer many advantages, including priority registration to programs, discounts on programs, and use of the fitness center and basketball gymnasium when available.
Six and twelve month memberships are available.
Basketball Gymnasium – Open Gym Times
The Pelican Community Park Basketball Gym is open to members during the following times. A valid Pelican Community Park membership is required for entry.
The Pelican Community Park gymnasium is open for free play when there are no booked programs. During the summer season, Summer Camp uses the gym from 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM. View the most recent gym schedule below.
3:30 – 6 pm (Ages 6 – 14)*
6 – 9 pm (Ages 14+)
8:30 – 1 pm (All Ages)*
1 – 5 pm (Ages 18+)
5 – 9 pm (Ages 14+)
8:30 – 12 pm (Ages 18+)
12 – 6 pm (All Ages)*
6 – 9 pm (Ages 14+)
*Children 12 and under must have a parent/legal guardian present.
When the gym is open to ALL AGES, we ask that adults be considerate of young children present i.e. foul language, offensive or aggressive behavior etc.
Chief Fred Maas Baseball Field Usage Policy
Priority usage of the Baseball Field will be as follows:
- City-operated and/or Contracted Programs and Events
- Resident / Youth Baseball Activities (Valid Resident ID Card Required)
- Resident / Youth Non-Baseball Activities (Valid Resident ID Card Required)
- Civic / Non-Profit 501 C (3) / Adult Programming
- Non-Resident / Private / Commercial Programming
Anyone requesting use of Chief Fred Maas Field must do the following:
- Bring a valid SIB Resident ID Card or photo ID to the Pelican Community Park Front Desk.
- Front Desk staff will notify a Park Employee or the Supervisor on Duty, to unlock field gate and turn on lights if necessary.
- Upon completion of usage, patron will notify the Front Desk staff, who will come to lock the field and turn on the lights. At this time, the patron will receive their ID back.
- If other patrons enter the field when it is open for use, they must bring an SIB Resident ID Card or Photo ID to the PCP Front Desk. If they fail to produce an ID, an FOW will ask them to vacate the field.
- When field lights are turned off, it will take roughly 15 minutes for them to restrike. The lights will do so on their own, so if they are shut off and turned back on after 5 minutes, they will wait to cool down before coming back on.
The baseball field will remain locked when not in use by a City affiliated program. During available field times, priority is given to baseball-related activities. Therefore, park visitors may be asked to relocate or vacate the field in order to accommodate those intending to play baseball.
All programs are offered by the City of Sunny Isles Beach Cultural & Community Services Department. This facility was funded in part by the Building Better Communities Bond Program and the Florida Recreation Development Assistance Program of the State of Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
*Any non-City organized events (festivals, entertainment, birthday parties etc.) must be approved ahead of time. Contact the Cultural & Community Services Department at 305.792.1706 for more information, or stop by Pelican Community Park at 18115 North Bay Road.