2023 Transit Study
A Transit Study was recently completed by the Corradino Group. The study aimed to provide improved transit service in Sunny Isles Beach, looking particularly at the city’s free SIBshuttle service. The study reviewed many aspects of our transit system, including routes and stops, ridership, hours, and frequency of service.
The study also collected data about bus ridership, reviewed the existing transit system, and provided opportunities to hear from the public about their transit priorities. The consultant team analyzed and evaluated the information gathered, and proposed strategies to improve transit in Sunny Isles Beach.
The results from the study are now available to view at the link below.
Download Our Mobile Application “SIBshuttle!”
Download the free mobile app, SIBshuttle, to your smartphone or device. With this app, you can track the location and arrival of the SIBshuttle in real time! The app features a real-time map, a list of stop locations, and service updates.
In your device’s app store, search for “SIBshuttle.”
You can also track our shuttle buses online with our live web tracker:
Please check the route tracker tab on the mobile SIBshuttle app to verify which buses are running on a selected route (Orange or Blue).
The City provides free Community Shuttle Service 7 days per week with three lines running simultaneously for the convenience of residents and visitors.
The SIBshuttle runs on an extended schedule for many of our special events.
- Orange Line #1
runs Monday to Sunday 8:00 am to 7:35 pm
- Orange Line #2
runs Monday to Saturday 8:00 am to 7:50 pm
- Blue Line
runs Monday to Friday 7:45 am to 3:50 pm
To view shuttle stops and times, please download the SIBshuttle mobile application or view the Real-time Tracker Map.
Things You Should Know
- Ride is FREE
- Be early
- Times are approximate due to traffic
- Install the SIBshuttle smartphone app to check shuttle’s current location and estimated time of arrival
- Call 305.741.0907 to check the estimated time of arrival for each line at any bus stop
- During school drop-off (7:30 – 8:45 am) and pick-up times (1:30 – 3:30 pm, except Wednesdays 1:30 – 2:30 pm), the northbound shuttle bus will not access Pelican Community Park (stop 17) through 181 Drive. Instead, the shuttle bus will stop at 181 Drive and Atlantic Boulevard (northbound).
- No tipping
- Children 12 & under are not allowed to ride without an adult
- No smoking, food or drinks
- No pets permitted on City Shuttle Buses except for service animals permitted under applicable law
- If you have any questions, ask the driver!
All SIBshuttle buses are handicap accessible, equipped with a lift for wheelchairs.
You may have noticed signs at our SIBshuttle stops around the City. Use them to identify your stop number and which lines and directions the bus services from that stop. Call the number listed on the sign, 305.741.0907, to find out your approximate wait time. You will be asked to identify your desired route color, stop number, and direction in which you are traveling, northbound or southbound.