- This event has passed.
Mini-FLOW (Florida Licensing on Wheels)
July 30, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
New Location! – Gateway Center, 151 Sunny Isles Blvd.
The next City of Sunny Isles Beach Mini-FLOW (Florida Licensing on Wheels) service in partnership with the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles will take place on Friday, July 30 from 9:30 am – 1:30 pm at Gateway Center, 151 Sunny Isles Boulevard. The service is open to all ages and appointments are required.
- Those wishing to make an appointment must call 305.792.1706; no walk-ups will be permitted.
- Only the individual with the appointment is allowed to enter the facility; no guests will be permitted.
- Facial coverings are required and social distancing measures will be in place.
Take advantage of this convenient method to renew a driver license, obtain a replacement driver license, change a name or address on a driver license, get an identification card, renew a vehicle registration, obtain a disabled parking placard or purchase a specialty license plate.
Florida has new documentation requirements for residents renewing or obtaining a driver’s license or photo ID card. Please visit flhsmv.gov for a complete listing of documents needed and other information related to obtaining a driver’s license or photo ID card.
- You can renew your driver’s license up to 18 months in advance of it expiring. Check your ID card to see when it expires so you do not make an appointment too early.
- Drivers can replace their driver’s license or ID card prior to its expiration if the credential is lost, stolen or they need to make an update. The following may require a replacement credential:
- Change of address (30 days to update their address on their credential)
- Name change
- If a driver’s license or ID card is lost or stolen.
- If a customer wishes to add or update a designation or other information listed on the credential.
- Mini-FLOW services also include obtaining or renewing a disabled parking placard.
- Are you REAL ID ready? Look for the star in the upper right hand corner of your driver’s license. If you do NOT have a star, you will need to obtain a new credential by October 1, 2021. If you obtained your driver’s license or ID card after January 4, 2010 in Florida, you most likely already have a REAL ID. Visit dhs.gov/real-id for more information.