Testing at the Sunny Isles Beach Government Center
Additional Testing Sites
Miami-Dade County offers free testing for COVID-19 at drive-thru, walk-in and mobile sites. COVID-19 testing is available at no direct cost to the patient at Miami-Dade County sites. However, patients are required to provide health insurance information if applicable or personal information to assist with federal reimbursement. Due to high demand and limited supply, tests are limited to one test per person, per day. Visit miamidade.gov/coronavirus/testing-locations.
COVID testing is also available at urgent care centers, pharmacies and community clinics. For more questions about COVID testing, call the State of Florida’s COVID-19 Call Center at 1-866-779-6121.
For medical emergencies, call 911 and notify the dispatch personnel that you may have COVID-19.
Get Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests
Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order four free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free. Orders will usually ship in 7-12 days.
Order your tests now, at the link below, so you have them when you need them.
Homebound individuals may call 305.614.1716, Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, to schedule a homebound COVID-19 testing appointment.
If a homebound individual is receiving home health services or is a resident of a group home, adult living facility, nursing home or other congregate care facility, they should contact their provider to request an at-home test.
Considerations for who should get tested
The below information is provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19
- People who have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with someone with confirmed COVID-19.
- People who have taken part in activities that put them at higher risk for COVID-19 because they cannot socially distance as needed, such as travel, attending large social or mass gatherings, or being in crowded indoor settings.
- People who have been asked or referred by their healthcare provider, local or state health department to get tested.
- Some countries require a negative COVID test prior to entry. This test qualifies for the required COVID test needed for travel.
- If you test positive, know what protective steps to take to prevent others from getting sick.
- If you test negative, you probably were not infected at the time your sample was collected. The test result only means that you did not have COVID-19 at the time of testing. Continue to take steps to protect yourself.