Sunny Isles Beach residents are invited to Miami-Dade County’s Better Bus Informational Session on November 9 at 11:30 AM at Gateway Center, 151 Sunny Isles Blvd.
Residents can catch the free SIBshuttle to the event, using the southbound orange or blue line between 10 and 11 AM.
Starting on Monday, November 13, major changes are coming to Miami-Dade County’s Metrobus routes, as part of their new Better Bus SHIFTS initiative. These changes will impact bus routes in Sunny Isles Beach.
Here are the key modifications from Miami-Dade Transit in our area:
- Route E will be discontinued, with the current service area now being covered by routes 75 and 100.
- Route S will also be discontinued, with the current service area shifting to route 100.
- Route H will be discontinued, with the current service area being taken over by route 75.
- 120 Beach Max will be renumbered as route 100.
As a result, route 75 will provide transportation to Haulover Park, while route 100 will specifically cater to riders along Collins Avenue to and from Aventura Mall. These changes will have direct impact on residents who previously relied on Miami-Dade Transit services to transport them to interior areas of the city, west of Collins Avenue and north of 186th Street.
But don’t worry, we’ll still get you where you need to go. The SIBshuttle is a free and convenient ride around Sunny Isles Beach and neighboring cities. You can hop on various stops throughout the city, and at major transit hubs like Intracoastal Mall, Aventura Mall and Hallandale Fire Station. Use the SIBshuttle to connect to the streamlined Metrobus for more efficient trips to destinations all throughout Miami-Dade County.
Miami-Dade County Department of Transportation and Public Works will also have information sessions starting October 30 to give people a more clear understanding of the upcoming changes.
The information sessions will be at the following dates and locations:
- November 2, 6pm – 7:30pm, Little Haiti Cultural Center
- November 6, 6pm – 7:30pm, Westchester Cultural Arts Center
- November 6, 5pm – 6pm, Virtual Public Meeting
- November 7, 12pm – 1pm, Virtual Public Meeting
- November 7, 5pm – 6pm, Virtual Public Meeting
- November 8, 5pm – 6pm, Virtual Public Meeting
- November 9, 5pm – 6pm, Virtual Public Meeting
- November 9, 6pm – 7:30pm, North-Dade Regional Library
For more information about the City of Sunny Isles Beach’s SIBshuttle routes and stops, visit sibfl.net/sibshuttle or download the app from the App store or Google play. You can also call the SIBshuttle hotline at 305.741.0907.
To see a full map of the new Miami-Dade Transit routes, please visit miamidade.gov/betterbus.
Links for resources: