Usage of the basketball court located under the William Lehman Causeway operates on a reservation-only system. Sunny Isles Beach Resident ID cardholders may reserve the basketball court 1-7 days in advance through our online registration system. Reservation times are limited to one hour per reservation request.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday, 3 – 7 PM
Saturday & Sunday, 9 AM – 12 PM
The basketball court remains locked at all times except for a City affiliated program or approved court reservation. Reserving the court provides exclusive use of the court for a specified time slot.
- You must be 18+ to reserve the basketball court.
- Reservations are limited to a one-hour time slot.
- Reservations can be made between two and seven days in advance.
- Resident ID cardholders are allowed to reserve the court three times per month.
- If you are renting for a minor, please include the name of the minor and ensure that they have an ID with them on site.
- If you do not include this information, or if they do not have ID, access will be denied.
How to Reserve the Court
Reservation must be made by the parent/legal guardian of a minor.
- To reserve the court you must have a valid City-issued Sunny Isles Beach Resident ID card.
- Log in to your account at activities.sibfl.net.
- Select Facility Rentals from the main header.
- On the “Facility Rentals” page, click the green button, “Reserve Facility”
- On the next page, scroll to the bottom of the page and select, “Basketball Court – Lehman Causeway”. Click the blue “Reserve” button.
- On the “Reservation Details” page, fill in the required reservation information.
- On the “Choose Reservation Date & Time” page, select your date and time slot for your reservation. Click the blue “Add to Reservation” button. Once added, click the green “Next” button.
- On the “Review & Submit” page, review that all information is accurate. Once confirmed, click the green “Submit Request” button.
Once your reservation is submitted, it will be reviewed by a member of our staff. Within two days, you will receive an email to the address on file approving or denying your reservation request.
When arriving at the basketball court at your approved reservation time, our park attendant will meet you to unlock the basketball court gate.
Due to traffic and unexpected demands on staff, staff will arrive up to 5 minutes before the hour and 10 minutes after the hour. If the Renter is not there during that time, your reservation will be forfeited and a new reservation will need to be made.
Please bring your Resident ID card with you to present to the park attendant. You are responsible for the behavior and activities at the court during your rental period.
Questions or issues with the reservation system may be directed to our Customer Relations staff at 305.792.1706.