Ongoing Construction Activities
Drainage operations, concrete and bridge repairs
- Construction Activity
- Performing bridge repairs under the east side of the causeway
- Performing drainage operations along the causeway
- Performing concrete restoration
Monday, October 25 – Friday, October 29, 2021
- One outside eastbound and / or one outside westbound lane may be closed between 8:00 am and 3:30 pm.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SCHEDULE MAY CHANGE DUE TO WEATHER OR UNEXPECTED CONDITIONS.
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has begun a bridge rehabilitation project. Work will take place on the northbound and southbound bridges along SR 856/William Lehman Causeway over the Intracoastal Waterway (bridge numbers 870606 and 870607) in the cities of Aventura and Sunny Isles Beach.
Work to be Performed
- Cleaning and painting the bridge and repairing the steel structures
- Repairing bridge deck and underside concrete
- Repairing bridge drainage
- Replacing traffic delineators on the bridge
Early 2021 – Fall 2021
Lane Closure and Detour Information
To do this work safely, it will be necessary to close travel lanes and sidewalks during nonpeak hours. Lanes may be closed:
- 9 am to 3:30 pm, weekdays and weekends
- 9 pm to 5:30 am, Sundays through Thursdays
- 11 pm to 7 am, Fridays and Saturdays
Ramp closures will also be necessary to perform work. Ramp closures will occur during nonpeak hours and a detour will be posted. Lane closures and project information will be posted weekly on the department’s website.
Please allow extra time to reach your destination and obey all posted signs and speed limits.
FDOT will post the latest updates, including scheduled lane closures, on their webpage.
For current lane closures in Sunny Isles Beach, visit sibfl.net/news.