As a result of the low COVID-19 positivity rate in Miami-Dade County, effective Monday, November 1, the City will no longer require facial coverings inside of city facilities. Facial coverings are still recommended. The City encourages all employees, residents, businesses, and visitors to continue to take preventative measures to help protect our community.
The vaccine is our best shot at recovery and a return to complete normalcy. We strongly encourage everyone who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine to get vaccinated. Additional details on vaccine eligibility and locations are available at sibfl.net/vaccines.
Building, Code Compliance, and Planning & Zoning
Our Building, Code Compliance and Planning & Zoning Departments are now serving walk-in customers. Appointments are also available and welcome. Please book your appointment online at the links below, or call the following departments during their regular business hours.
- Building Permits
- New Construction Permits
- Business Licensing
- Code Enforcement
- Parking Enforcement
- Short-Term Vacation Rental Licenses
- Police Department – Please call 305.947.4440 to make an appointment if you wish to discuss your accident report or obtain a copy.
- When arriving at the Government Center, visitors should park in the ground floor parking lot. The parking garage is for employees only.
- Visitors must enter the Government Center through the main front entrance (not the parking garage). All visitors are required to check-in with City staff on the 1st floor main lobby of the Government Center. Visitors must have their driver’s license (or some form of photo identification) with them.
- Visitors will be required to take a photo for the visitor badge (this photo can be saved in our system, for future visits, for your convenience).
- Once all steps are completed, visitors will be issued a visitor badge, which must be worn at all times while in the facility.
Helpful Tip: Download the mobile app “Sine Pro” ahead of time to expedite your check-in process via your mobile device. You can begin the process as soon as you are in the parking lot of the Government Center. Upon entry, (you will only need to show confirmation of your check in and) your visitor badge will be issued.