As a result of the surge in new cases locally, the City of Sunny Isles Beach will be requiring facial coverings for all employees and visitors at all indoor City facilities effective Friday, July 30 regardless of vaccination status. The City encourages all employees, residents, businesses, and visitors to continue to follow all preventative measures to help protect our community. This includes continuing to take personal responsibility by wearing a facial covering, washing your hands often, practicing a safe social distance, and taking extra precautions when in group settings. Everyone’s cooperation and consideration will help keep our community safe as we experience an increase in cases in our region. Learn more at sibfl.net/coronavirus.
The vaccine is our best shot at recovery and a return to complete normalcy. We strongly encourage everyone who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine to get vaccinated. Additional details on vaccine eligibility and locations are available at sibfl.net/vaccines.
Building, Code Compliance, and Planning & Zoning
In an effort to better serve our community, the Building, Code Compliance & Licensing, and Planning & Zoning Departments will no longer offer walk-in service. Services will be offered by appointment only. Please book your appointment online at the links below, or call the following departments during their regular business hours.
- Building Permits
- New Construction Permits
- Code Compliance
- Business Licensing
- Parking Enforcement
- Planning & Zoning
- Police Department – Please call 305.947.4440 to make an appointment if you wish to discuss your accident report or obtain a copy.
- All visitors are required to check-in when entering the Sunny Isles Beach Government Center. Visitors shall check in with City staff on the 1st floor main lobby of the Government Center. Visitors must enter the Government Center through the main front entrance (not the parking garage). Visitors must have their driver’s license (or some form of photo identification) with them.
- Visitors will be required to take a photo for the visitor badge (this photo can be saved in our system, for future visits, for your convenience).
- Once all steps are completed, visitors will be issued a visitor badge, which must be worn at all times while in the facility.
Helpful Tip: Download the mobile app “Sine Pro” ahead of time to expedite your check-in process via your mobile device. You can begin the process as soon as you are in the parking lot of the Government Center. Upon entry, (you will only need to show confirmation of your check in and) your visitor badge will be issued.
Mount Sinai Transportation
The SIBshuttle is available for transportation to Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach. Service is available by appointment only. Appointments must be made by noon the prior weekday.
Health & Safety
- Passengers are required to wear face coverings while riding the bus at all times.
- Certain seats will be closed to ensure social distancing between non-household members.
- SIBshuttle is sanitized and cleaned daily.