All skill levels welcome!
Whether you are a skilled expert or painting novice, Oil Painting Club is for you! Painters can come together at the Sunny Isles Beach Government Center, 1st Floor Meeting Room to work on their art pieces in the company of other painters. This is a self-guided program, not an instructed course. Oil Painting Club is a great opportunity to develop your skills, receive feedback, and take inspiration from other creative individuals who enjoy this art form.
Bring your own supply of oil paint, palette, canvas and brushes. Beginners may even wish to purchase Paint by Number kits to get themselves started. The City will provide easels and storage of canvas from week to week.
Dates: Visit activities.sibfl.net for upcoming dates.
Time: 6 – 8 pm
Location: Government Center, 1st Floor Meeting Room
Fee: Resident Free
- 3 quality bristle brushes (hog bristle or sable)
- #4 Round
- #8 Flat
- #6 Filbert
- 1 disposable paper palate, oiled wooden palate or plastic palate
- 1 palette knife
- 1 large container with lid (to clean brushes)
- 1 small container with lid (for oil to mix with paint)
- Containers should be metal
- Cloth soft rag(s) to wipe brushes
- Mineral spirits ( to clean brushes and palate)
- Medium Linseed oil or any natural high-grade oil, varnish optional
- Paint 38ml – small (names of paint vary by brand):
- Burnt Sienna
- Burnt Umber
- Cadmium Red Light
- Permanent Green Light
- Cobalt Blue
- Naples Yellow Light
- Viridian Green
- Paint 150 ml – Titanium white
- Heavy-duty canvas
- Sketchbook and/or source for painting
*Don’t worry if you don’t have all of these supplies, bring whatever you love to paint with!