The Environment Sustainability Advisory Committee (ESAC) is a committee made up of qualified citizens who are appointed by the City Commission. The Committee works closely with their local government on issues related to green initiatives and sustainable development.
What Does the ESAC Do?
Members of the ESAC will serve a one-year term for calendar year 2023. Appointments will automatically expire on December 31, unless re-appointed by the City Commission. Applicants will be selected to advise the City Commission and make recommendations including, but not limited to:
- Promote robust, inclusive, and sustainable growth and development;
- Protect and preserve natural resources to support a healthy and resilient community;
- Reduce climate change impacts to protect public health and the environment;
- Improve capacity for climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies;
- Improve the quality of life for all residents by creating a sustainable and equitable community;
- Advance environmental justice and equity; and
- Promote the overall protection of the environment, stimulate the economy, and support social equity.
Meetings will be scheduled at least two weeks in advance and held on a mutually convenient date. Members must be willing to comply with procedures and requirements for all City Advisory Boards, including but not limited to Sunshine and Public Records Law.
Applications are being accepted now through March 10, 2023.
We welcome input and participation from the public. If you would like to contact the ESAC, you can do so at the link below.