It is the mission of the Human Resources Department to provide the best customer service to both our internal and external customers, in all areas within the department.
The Human Resources Department is composed of the following three divisions:
- Recruitment: assists all departments with recruitment efforts to fill vacant positions, including advertisements, screening resumes and applications, reviewing and approving interview questions, processing selected candidates through the background process, and coordinating the employee orientations.
- Benefits: coordinates all benefit programs made available to City employees and retirees.
- Compensation: maintains the City Pay and Classification Plan, Job Descriptions and Employee Performance Appraisals. This area is also tasked with the accurate and timely processing of compensation changes, education reimbursement payments, leave donations and any pay adjustments within the City. Exit interviews for separating employees are also processed by this area.
- Employee Relations: coordinates all formal disciplinary actions, including guidance to departments, assisting with the preparation of disciplinary action reports to ensure uniform application of discipline city-wide and assisting with appeals of such as well as responding to all EEOC complaints filed.
- Labor Relations: is committed to improving communications between representatives of labor and management, assisting employees and management with conflict resolution and providing employees and management with the opportunities to learn, explore and implement innovative and cooperative joint approaches to organizational effectiveness.
- Training and Development: enhances organizational performance through in-house training in areas such as ethics, diversity and customer service training.
- Risk Management: oversees all Liability, Property and Workers Compensation insurance issues, insurance coverage and claims. Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is also managed within this area.
- Support Services: provides customer service to residents and visitors of the Government Center including the Senior Helpers Program. Administrative and clerical support is also provided to other departments upon request. This area is also responsible for processing and distributing internal and incoming/outgoing mail.