City employees are paid on a biweekly basis. The City maintains a pay program that equitably compensates its employees. The program establishes an integrated grade classification system that relates pay to individual performance, the education, experience, training and certification required to perform a job, and market supply and demand.
Employees can view their current and past paychecks as well as their current and past W-2 tax statements online. Included in paychecks are salary, deductions, retroactive pay and applicable taxes. Call 305.792.1708 during business hours, if you need assistance.
At your convenience, the City offers direct deposit of your payroll check into your personal account(s) at the financial institution(s) of your choice. There are many advantages to using direct deposit for your banking needs.
- Direct deposits typically are processed faster than paper checks, allowing you quicker access to your money.
- If you don’t live near your bank or your schedule makes it difficult to run errands during the day, direct deposit is a convenient alternative to traditional banking.
- If you’re concerned about the environment, you can rest easy knowing that direct deposits reduce the amount of paper required to process financial transactions.
- There are no checks to be lost or stolen.
- Payments reach your account the day the check is issued, even if you are out of town, sick or unable to get to your financial institution.
A direct deposit form is available upon request from the Human Resources Department.