All City parks have expanded hours of operation as of Monday, March 15, 2021. Please review the below rules and guidelines before visiting our parks.
- Daily, Sunrise to Sunset
- Daily (except Thursdays), 8 am – 8 pm
- Thursdays, 10 am – 8 pm
Park Rules and Guidelines
Parks are open for Sunny Isles Beach residents only. Due to the high density of our city and the nature of our parks, it is important that we have rules and guidelines in place to keep our community safe. Following these guidelines will ensure a safe and healthy experience for everyone!
- Sunny Isles Beach parks are open for residents only.
- Facial coverings must be worn when a distance of 10 feet cannot be maintained between yourself and others not from your own household, in accordance with Amendment 2 to Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 20-20 and CDC/Health Department guidelines. Please read Amendment 2 to Emergency Order 20-20 for a list of exceptions.
- Residents must adhere to social distancing guidelines by keeping a distance of at least six feet between yourself and others.
- Children should not enter playground areas if they are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- Facial coverings are required for children using the playground and social distancing should be maintained.
- No groups larger than 10 people may gather in the same place.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian when in the park.
- Sidewalks will be marked for one-directional use.
- Parks are sanitized by staff daily and are deep cleaned once weekly.
- Restrooms will be open but limited to only 1 person/family at a time. Restrooms will be sanitized throughout each day.
- No animals permitted in parks with the exception of recognized service animals.
- Dogs are allowed at designated dog parks. Dogs must remain on a leash and you must pick up after your pet. Containers are available for you to be a responsible pet owner.
- Visitors should bring their own water as water fountains will be closed.
Those who do not follow the rules, may be asked to leave by City staff.
Please be advised that the operational changes and time periods described herein are subject to change at any time due to the evolving situation.
Intracoastal Parks is a linear park system made up of four smaller parcels to create an Intracoastal Park north and an Intracoastal Park south. This waterfront oasis is a luscious green landscape with picnic benches, seating, a bike rack, and inspired sculptures. The fenced Dezer Family Playground is located at the southernmost end of the park system and overlooks the scenic and quiet waters of the Intracoastal Waterway.
Dogs are allowed. Dogs must remain on a leash and you must pick up after your pet. Containers are available for you to be a responsible pet owner.
- Picnic Tables (some shaded)
- 1 Soofa bench (solar electric outdoor charging station equipped with USB connections)
- Walking Path
- Free WiFi
- Bike Rack